These mini Bruschetta grilled cheese sandwiches are quick and easy to make and will be sure to become one of your favorite sandwich recipes.
This recipe is perfect as an appetizer or for a light lunch. Instead of the usual way of serving bruschetta: basil-infused tomato mixture piled onto crispy toasts, this recipe features gooey, grilled cheese sandwiches using a bruschetta mixture and adding fresh mozzarella and parmesan.
How To Make The Tastesiest Mini Bruschetta Grilled Cheese Sandwiches:
- 10.5 oz loaf of Ciabatta, (divided into 16 slices)
- 10.5 oz good quality fresh Tomatoes (diced)
- 4.5 oz ball of Fresh Mozzarella, (thinly sliced and patted dry with paper towels)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Red Onion, (finely diced)
- 1/2 small bunch Fresh Basil (finely diced)
- 1 clove of Garlic (peeled)
- Balsamic Glaze (if desired)
After cutting the tomatoes, use some paper towels to press down on them while they are still on the chopping board. Then place into a mixing bowl with basil, red onion, 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and some salt and pepper to taste.
Then using the extra virgin olive oil, brush one side of every slice of the ciabatta. Flip half of them over so they’re oil-side-down. Now top with the mozzarella and bruschetta mix, and finish with the parmesan. Place the oil slice oil-side-up and gently push down in order to secure the filling.
Next, add to a griddle or frying pan placed over medium or medium-high heat. Once the slices are golden and lightly charred on one side, flip them over and gently rub the top of the slice with a garlic clove. Then fry the other side and place garlic-side-down on a serving board. Also, rub the top with garlic.
Finally, if desired, using the balsamic glaze, drizzle every sandwich.