We all know what Doritos are, a tasty snack that we eat when we are craving tortilla chips. Well, when we combine Doritos with a chicken casserole, we get this amazing dish that I can guarantee the kids will love!
This Doritos chicken casserole is a crunchy and creamy chicken dinner with nacho cheese flavor. Tortilla chips elevate this Mexican recipe and make it ten times better.
Guide On Making The Tastiest Doritos Chicken Casserole Recipe:
- 1 (14.5 oz.) package nacho cheese-flavored Doritos (lightly crushed)
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn (drained)
- 1 (11 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. colby jack cheese (shredded and divided)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1-10 oz. mild diced tomatoes and green chiles (Ro-tel)
- 1- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded and cut into small pieces)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
Start by preheating the oven to 350 °F degrees. Then lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish using cooking spray.
Then, spread half the crushed chips into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
After that, in a large bowl, stir together the chicken, corn, black beans, green chiles, 1 cup of cheese, cream of chicken soup, Ro-tel, sour cream, and the taco seasoning.
Now spread the mixture evenly on top of the crushed Doritos in the baking dish.
Next, bake the Doritos chicken casserole for about 20 minutes. Then add the remaining chips on top. Top with the rest of the cheese.
Finally, bake the Doritos chicken casserole for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted and is bubbly.
If desired, garnish with cilantro and serve on a plate.